Numerous textbooks, handbooks, and assorted publications are available on sensor technology. These documents typically cover a broad range of sensors and technologies, but have limited information on each type. Information on inductive sensors can be found in many of them. Kaman is different in that it condenses technical and application information on inductive sensors into a single source. The intent is to help the reader understand where inductive sensors can be utilized, how to best apply them, and to understand their performance.
- Kaman Precision Products has over 40 years of experience designing, testing, and manufacturing non contact inductive measuring systems.
- We have multiple types of inductive technologies and the applications engineering experience to help you choose the best product for your application.
- Custom designed measurement systems are our specialty.
- Standard and OEM measuring systems are available.
- Our standard resolution is 1 part in 10,000 and we are capable of resolution up to 1 part in 100,000.
- Frequency response is electronics dependent and ranges from 10 KHz to 50 KHz.
- Sensors are capable of operating in temperatures from cryogenic to 1100° F.
- Inductive technology is generally unaffected by contaminants such as dirt, oil, grease, water, radiation, and stray RF or magnetic fields.
- Worldwide network of Distributors and Sales Representatives.
We are the “high-end” guys in the inductive world! When you have a demanding measurement application, call your Kaman Applications Engineer…that’s Kaman, pronounced “Ca’•man.”
There are many instruments to measure position, distance, or vibration of an object. These can be segregated into two basic categories: contact and non-contact. While contact instruments are suitable for many applications, they have a limited frequency response and can interfere with the dynamics of the object being measured. Where these factors are a concert, non contact methods have advantages.
Select the Application you are looking to learn more about and the Kaman Precision Products solution for you. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us today for a custom solution.